ModiinApp was started as a small project by 4 friends (three of us live in Modiin - 2 olim and 1 sabra), and quickly grew into the best source for information on local businesses and deals in Modiin. Everything we do is local and authentic. We hope you like it. Get in touch!
Corona Related Guidelines and Information from the Modiin-Maccabim-Reut Municipality
Updates true to Thursday 23/7:
Updates true to Wednesday July 15/7:
The Iriya has announced that it will allow restaurant owners, cafes and bars in the shopping centers, the new Ma'ar city center, the mall, Einav center and other commercial areas, to expand the outdoor seating areas, according to the guidelines (up to 20 people inside, up to 30 outside), at no additional charge.
(Coordination of the outdoor expanded seating will be done inconjunction with the Business Licensing Promotion Department).
Updates true to Wednesday May 27:
Updates true to Wednesday May 20:
(Additional updated guidelines for different subjects can be found below).
- Grades aleph-gimmel will be returning to school.
- Grades Yud Aleph and Yud Bet will have a combination of remote online learning and learning at school.
- Special education will be continuing to operate in the same manner as during the last 2 weeks.
- At this stage there are no Tzaharonim.
- At this stage there is no transportation.
- The rest of the students will continue remote online learning in the same manner as until now.
- It is not mandatory to send children to school, for those who are concerned or not interested.
- The educational staff will happily welcome the students and are prepared to deal with the emotional aspects after the long period of staying at home.
- The schools the students are returning to have been thoroughly cleaned according to Health Ministry guidelines. The schools will also have sanitation stations and there will be an emphasis on hygiene instructions.
- Moving to emergency framework (reducing staff, street inspection, stores & commercial centers, Shabbat services)
- Iriya services (in Hebrew) in the different departments (payments, education, refuse, mikvaot, planning & engineering, social services)
Important updates from the Modi'in-Maccabim-Reut municipality and the Ministry of Health in light of the new decision to close all educational institutions and prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people:
There will be no studies in all the educational institutions in the country, including kindergartens, day care centers and special educational institutions.
All the Matnas tzaharonim are closed.
All the chugim activities of the Matnas and Ironi Modiin, including the Conservatorion are not taking place.
All public libraries are closed.
- The Rav Tchumi Center has frozen all courses, activities and events - there may be some virtual alternatives offered later.
- Shopping malls (except supermarkets and pharmacies, places that sell food to take away)
- Night clubs, bars, pubs and dining establishments, including hotel dining (except dining establishments that sell take-away food)
- Banquet halls
- Gyms and swimming pools, water parks, zoo, safaris, petting zoos
- Mikvaot (men), and bathhouses
- Cinemas, theaters and other cultural institutions
- Amusement facilities and amusement parks
- Businesses for non-medical treatment of the human body
- Exhibition halls and fairgrounds
Prohibition of visits to welfare, nursing or healthcare facilities serving as homes for their residents, with the exception of a maximum of one caregiver, preferably a permanent caregiver.
- Starting Sunday morning March 15, there will be limited reception in the municipality and no more than 10 people will be allowed to gather. It is therefore advisable to contact the municipality via their website and by telephone.
- Many actions can be done on the municipality's website - for a list of all online services: https://katzr.net/1accf5
- Municipal hotline 106 service has been expanded to include an education helpline and psychology & welfare helpline for your inquiries and questions. Call: 08-9726020
- Prayer and religious ceremonies will be conducted in groups of up to 10 people each, keeping a distance of 2 meters from person to person and no more than 2 groups at a time.
- Mikvaot for men are closed.
- Nikvaot for women and Mikvaot Kelim function as normal. Women who are in quarantine are prohibited from coming to the Mikve.
All events in the city are cancelled. The cinemas are also closed.
People who purchased tickets to shows at the Culture Center will receive a text message and alternate dates for cancelled events.
- Employers will prepare for remote work from home without any gatherings at all. At this time, they will be able to continue working as long as they keep at least two meters between employees in all places where the employees are.
- Travel by car of more than 2 in a car should be avoided.
- Absolute ban on the arrival of sick people to the workplace.
The Ministry of Health recommends avoiding public transport.
Anyone returning from abroad, from any destination in the world, should enter a 14-day quarantine, which means no exit to the public domain.
In addition, there is a duty to report to the Health Ministry hotline *5400 about entering quarantine and also report to school or kindergarten.